We’ve covered several primary foods over the last three weeks. Last but not least, we’re going to explore finances.
The number one cause of fights in long-term committed relationships is money. Not surprisingly most of us have a lot of emotional baggage surrounding money, which is why I’m not going to ask you to do a deep dive on your finances or start exploring how you feel about your money.
Today’s challenge task is to get a snapshot of your financial situation. Answer the following questions:
- What are my total assets?
- What are my total debts?
- What percentage of my spending goes to needs?
- What percentage of my spending goes to wants?
- What percentage of my spending goes to savings?
Here are some resources to explore finances in more depth:
- Financial Peace University
- Money: A Love Story
- On My Own Two Feet: A Modern Girl’s Guide to Personal Finance
- Get Financially Naked: How to Talk Money with Your Honey
- All Your Worth: The Ultimate Lifetime Money Plan
- Budgeting 101
- The Beauty of a Budget