Yesterday, we figured out where we are, and we starting tracking our food, water, and exercise. The goal is to track food, water, and exercise every day during the challenge. Feel free to try out different apps, websites, journals, etc. The goal is to be honest about our actions and our choices.
Today, our focus is on intention. This isn’t about setting a goal. It’s isn’t about being measurable or time-based. There are three major differences between goals and intentions:
- Intentions focus on the present; goals are future-focused.
- Intentions are about how you live everyday; goals achieve something specific.
- Intentions are about you; goals are about how you relate to others.
To me, intention drives goals. When you’re clear about your intention, goals flow naturally.
Start by answering the following:
- Why did you join this challenge?
- What do you hope to learn about yourself?
- What do you hope to learn about health?
- If you could improve one thing about your health, what would it be?
- What would you feel like if you had already made that change?
- Imagine your ideal, healthy self. How does that make you feel?
I’m here because I want to create a loving, supportive community of women who want to make positive changes in their lives. I hope to learn how I can be a better health coach, and I hope to learn what some of the main health concerns of other women are.
If I could change one thing about my health, it would be my fitness. I would like to be leaner and more fit. I would feel strong and powerful if I had already made that change.
My ideal, healthy self can resist sugary treats, ride two horses every day, train my dogs every day, and still have enough energy to spend quality time with my husband. When I think about that women, I feel inspired to get to the gym!
This is an exercise in visioning a positive future, so use my questions as a starting point to envision where you want to be. They sky is the limit. Inspire yourself!